Programs and partnerships
We've been around for more than 150 years. We learned a few things.
We continue to support FareShare, the U.K.’s largest food bank, to expand food rescue.
We like to share what we learned, so that everyone can benefit.
- General Mills has provided training and technical support through Partners in Food Solutions to more than 900 small and growing food businesses in eight African countries since 2008
- In 2016, our company introduced a soil health roadmap in partnership with The Nature Conservancy to improve soil health on more than 50 percent of U.S. cropland by 2025.
Join My Village has impacted the lives of more than a quarter million people in Africa and India.
Working with CARE, the program focuses on girls and women to provide access to education or job training in the developing world.
More than a half million people now follow the work of Join My Village through social media and other channels.
General Mills invests in philanthropic programs that are led in West African communities by the global humanitarian organization CARE. Our suppliers source cocoa and vanilla for our products from these communities.
General Mills philanthropic support for these programs is intended to:
- Increase cocoa farmer livelihoods
- Increase household food and nutrition security
- Promote education for all children
- Prevent inappropriate child labor